Sunday, 18 June 2017

Scan N Cut Box for 5x5 inch cards

I like to gift cards to friends and family but always seem to end up buying boxes from the likes of The Works. The problem with that is, they aren't the correct size, shape, pattern and they add to the cost of a Random Act of Kindness. I'd prefer to spend that on other crafty goodies or crafting essentials.
I decided 5x5 inch cards were a good size as the larger cards are more expensive for people to post.
I know Pootles does some fab tutorials and I thought possibly I could make a boxed envelope from my envelope punch board that would accommodate 5 or more cards and envelopes. However this wasn't practical.
I noticed Tonic had released a box template for index cards but this wasn't big enough for my requirements and with a £34 price tag, I couldn't justify that kind of spend. I love Tonic products but my house is creaking at the seams with the amount of dies I have.
Months ago i bought the Scan n Cut and decided that i needed to get it out and play.
So with a bit of measuring and an wee quality check and another pair of eyes my engineer husband gave it a look over.

I am more than happy with the results. I put this together in brother Canvas. It's pretty simple and not too fancy but it is ideal for what I wanted it for.







No comments: