Saturday, 15 April 2017

Visible Image - Music Speaks & Distress Oxides

So my distress oxides arrived Yay!!!
So it became apparent that I need an Ink blending tool as the make up sponges weren't fit for the job.
They are now on order but like a true crafter, I'd waited long enough for the Ink pads to arrive and had to play.
So I chose 3 colours out of the 12 and layed down colour on the card.
This was my second attempt at this card as the first one I had stamped the image in Memento
but once the ink was put down it dulled the image with it's chalky style finish.
So start again!!
So colour layed down and blended rather clumsily with my (not fit for purpose) make-up sponges
I splashed with water to get the colours to react.
Pretty happy with just the effect of the colours I then set about stamping
For this I used another new toy 
The Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
It made positioning the sound waves etc super easy and adding the sentiment straight
Love it!
Once done I didn't want to overdo it or over grunge as I loved the colours.
So, matted onto black then put onto a white 8x8 card



No comments: